Showing posts with label Denver Broncos. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Denver Broncos. Show all posts

Monday, July 31, 2017

BurgaBox review: Bronco Burga Feast draws A+ for taste


How would you like to eat like an NFL offensive lineman?

Denver Broncos center Matt Paradis and Vaynersports, the agency that represents Paradis, recently teamed up with BurgaBox to create The Bronco Burga Feast.

Here's Paradis and VaynerMedia CEO Gary Vaynerchuk announcing the burger earlier this month:


BurgaBox is a company that ships cheeseburger meals across the U.S. to those brave enough to take on an "over-the-top" burger. The Bronco Burga meal has been dubbed an "outrageous feast" by BurgaBox, which seems appropriate.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Audio: Talking Denver Broncos training camp on 104.3 The Fan

I covered the first week of Broncos training camp for Mile High Report last week. After Day 5 of practice, 104.3 The Fan had me on to talk about the team.

The audio from that interview can be heard below.


For more from 104.3 The Fan, follow them on Twitter.

To listen to more of my radio appearances, see my Radio archive.

Audio: Talking Broncos training camp on XTRA Sports Radio 1300

I covered the first week of Broncos training camp for Mile High Report last week. After Days 4 and 5 of practice, XTRA Sports Radio 1300 had me on to talk about the team.

Audio from those interviews can he heard below.


The above audio is from Monday. Below is from Tuesday.


For more on XTRA Sports Radio, follow them on Twitter.

To listen to more of my radio appearances, see my Radio archive.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Audio: Talking Denver Broncos training camp on KMET Radio

I went on KMET Radio this afternoon to talk about the Broncos' upcoming training camp storylines, position battles, and more.

Audio from the interview can be heard below:


For more from KMet Radio, follow them on Twitter.

To listen to more of my radio appearances, see my Radio archive.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Wolfe says he was suspended for non-performance boosting substances


Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league’s performance enhancing substances policy, the team confirmed Friday.

In a statement released by the NFL Players Association, Wolfe said that the substances would not have enhanced his on-field performance.

"During the off-season I took a medication which is on the banned substance list.  The medication is not a substance which would enhance my on-field performance in any way, and I genuinely was unaware that it was prohibited, but players are responsible for what is in their bodies," Wolfe said.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Audio: Talking Denver Broncos football on 1590 WAKR

On Friday, I went on 1590 WAKR to talk about the Broncos' upcoming season.

Audio from the interview can be heard below:


WAKR is based in Akron, Ohio. They had me on as part of their 32-team NFL preview series.

To listen to more of my radio appearances, see my Radio archive.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Broncos' Demarcus Ware, Chris Harris post workout videos on IG

With training camp a little over two weeks away, two Broncos defenders gave their social media followers a look at their training on Monday.

Linebacker DeMarcus Ware posted numerous videos of his speed training.

A video posted by Demarcus Ware (@demarcusware) on

And cornerback Chris Harris Jr. posted footage of his footwork training.

A video posted by Chris Harris (@chrisharrisjr) on

Ware recorded 10 sacks in his first season with Denver last year. Harris recorded three interceptions and allowed no touchdown catches.

Both players made the Pro Bowl in 2014.

Ware, Harris, and their teammates will report to Dove Valley for training camp on Thursday, July 30. To see the team's full camp schedule, click here.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Audio: Talking Broncos and Demaryius Thomas on KMet Radio

I went on KMet Radio last night to talk about the Broncos and their new contract with receiver Demaryius Thomas on the KMet Sports Show.

Audio from the interview can be heard below:


For more from KMet Radio, follow them on Twitter.

To listen to more of my radio appearances, see my Radio archive.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Twitter poll: Should the Broncos sign free agent WR Reggie Wayne?

Reggie Wayne, a 36-year-old receiver who played with quarterback Peyton Manning for over ten years in Indianapolis, is still a free agent.

The Broncos, meanwhile, may be bracing for star receiver Demaryius Thomas to hold out if they cannot reach a long-term deal before Wednesday's deadline.

Is there reason to connect the dots?

I asked Twitter, and the results were mixed.

At the time of this writing, about 60 percent were opposed to signing Wayne, 31 percent were in favor, and the remaining 9 percent suggested something along the lines of a maybe.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chris Harris Jr. interview with Brandon Krisztal on PTO Podcast

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. recently appeared on the Peel the Onion Podcast with Brandon Krisztal, discussing his NFL journey and more.

Mentioned in the interview is this story on Harris from April. Harris said at the time — and still believes — that he is the best cornerback in the NFL.


For more from Krisztal, check out his website, iTunes page, and follow him on Twitter.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tom Brady responds to Terrance Knighton's remarks on Super Bowl

Earlier this week, Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton created some buzz in the football world when he "guaranteed" a Broncos Super Bowl appearance—and victory.

Guarantee is used in quotation marks because Pot Roast alleges that his quotes were taken out of context. Here's what he told the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla:

"It doesn't matter what happens. At the end of the year, we're hoisting that trophy . . . I don't care if New England doesn't lose again. I don't care where we have to play. I don't care who our opponent is. We're not going to be satisfied until we hoist that trophy."

It seems that Knighton inadvertently replaced "our goal is" with "we are" going to win the Super Bowl. Judging from Knighton's follow-up tweet on Monday, that's likely the case:
Regardless of if it was a guarantee or simply a stated goal, Knighton's words created a firestorm.

On Monday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady responded to Pot Roast's remarks.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Demaryius Thomas willing to give Broncos a "hometown discount"

Keeping star receiver Demaryius Thomas in Denver beyond 2014 may not prove to be as difficult as anticipated.

Thomas (6'-3", 229 lbs.) ranks second in the NFL with 1,255 receiving yards and is tied for third with 10 touchdowns this season. A two-time Pro Bowler, Thomas is playing in the final year of his rookie contract with a base salary of $3.27 million.

In an interview with NFL Network's Dan Hellie, Thomas was asked if he would be willing to take a hometown discount from the Broncos. His response:

"Of course, why not?" Thomas asked, via NFL.com. "Peyton is one of the best in the game, and I've been blessed to have him as my quarterback. I learned so much of him. Denver, of course I gotta take my hats off to them, because they took a chance of drafting me in the first round."

Just how much of a "discount" Thomas is willing to take remains to be seen.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Patriots worked out Brady Quinn, sparking Ryan Mallett trade rumors

Brady Quinn, who will soon begin working as a football analyst for FOX Sports, worked out for the New England Patriots last week, per ESPN's Field Yates. Quinn then went on the The Dan Patrick Show to discuss the workout and the possibility of returning to the NFL.

"It went well," Quinn said, via ProFootballTalk.com. "In this particular situation, though, they need something to happen in order for me to possibly be there."

It is unclear what that "something" is that would need to happen, but that hasn't stopped anyone from speculating. The Patriots, who drafted Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in the second round of the draft in May, may plan to trade Ryan Mallett, the team's No. 2 QB.

Mallett was drafted by the team in the third round of the 2011 NFL draft and has received plenty of buzz this offseason. Most notably, NFL Network's Mike Mayock recently said he was blown away by Mallet at practice, noting that he is "a legitimate NFL starting quarterback."

It's not hard to connect the dots and speculate that New England may be planning to shop Mallet and sign Quinn, giving them a QB trio of Tom Brady, Garoppolo, and Quinn. All of that, however, is mere speculation.

A more realistic scenario is that New England is preparing for any mid-season injuries that may happen this fall. Teams often workout players with the intention of potentially signing them down the road in case of an injury. That may be the "something" Quinn was referring to.

Quinn, who spent time in Denver from 2010-11, will now play the waiting game.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NFL gives the boot to Broncos QB trio of Orton, Tebow, and Quinn

The Dallas Cowboys parted ways with veteran quarterback Kyle Orton on Tuesday afternoon, ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed.

Orton was the last of Denver's 2011 quarterbacks to play in the NFL, backing up Tony Romo in Dallas over the last two seasons. Orton did not want to play football this season and told the Cowboys he was planning to retire. Dallas acted before Orton had a chance to retire, choosing to release the 31-year-old quarterback.

Brandon Weeden will now serve as the reserve QB in Dallas.

Orton, who was acquired by former head coach Josh McDaniels in 2009, began the 2011 season as the Broncos' starter. Under new head coach John Fox, Orton led Denver to a 1-4 start going into their bye week. During the bye, second-year QB Tim Tebow jumped Brady Quinn on the depth chart and started in Week 7 against the Miami Dolphins.

Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 NFL Draft: Broncos add 21 rookies to roster on draft weekend

Draft weekend has come and gone and the Denver Broncos have 21 new rookies on the roster. Denver drafted six rookies over the weekend and agreed to terms with fifteen more players following the draft as college free agents.

The Broncos have officially signed eleven of their undrafted free agents, so they remain three players below the NFL's 90-man offseason roster limit. Once all of Denver's UDFAs sign, Denver will be faced with 91 total players on the roster, forcing them to part ways with a player to meet the limit.

For more coverage of the Broncos' 2014 draft class and UDFA signees, visit MileHighReport.com.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 NFL Draft: Broncos select three Big Ten players on first two days

(@Broncos on Twitter)
After three rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft have come and gone, the Denver Broncos have three new players on their roster, all of them coming from Big 10 (B1G) schools.

"By the time we get through tomorrow, they're going to call us 'The Big Ten Broncos,'" Denver G.M. John Elway joked following the conclusion of the third round on Friday evening.

The Broncos, who finished last season 13-3 before going on to play in the Super Bowl, loaded up on defense in free agency, signing defensive stars DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, and T.J. Ward. After being embarrassed by the Seattle Seahawks 43-8 in the Super Bowl, Denver went into the offseason looking to get nastier on defense.

That defensive trend continued into the first round of the draft on Thursday evening.

Denver's first round selection, cornerback Bradley Roby, was selected 31st overall out of Ohio State.
Roby, 5-11, 194 pounds, earned first-team All-Big Ten honors in 2012 and 2013.

In the second round, Denver traded up with the San Francisco 49ers from 62nd overall to 56th overall to select Indiana receiver Cody Latimer.
Elway dubbed Latimer, 6-2, 215 pounds, the best blocking receiver in the draft and noted that he—as well as Denver's two other draft picks—will compete for playing time from Day 1.
Finally, the Broncos selected Michigan offensive lineman Michael Schofield 95th overall in the third round.
At Michigan, Schofield spent time at both guard and tackle before playing at guard again in this year's Senior Bowl. Elway said after the draft that the team will work with Schofield first as a tackle and then also give him work at guard.

Denver has four picks remaining today, in the fourth (131), sixth (207), and seventh (242 and 246) rounds. Day Three of the NFL Draft will kickoff at Radio City Music Hall in New York at noon ET.

Monday, April 28, 2014

What will the next Madden be called? EA Sports says "Madden NFL 15"

(Photo courtesy: EA Sports)
From 2005 through 2012, EA Sports dubbed their annual Madden NFL video game the number of the following year (Madden NFL 06 through Madden NFL 13). Last year, EA commemorated the twenty-fifth edition of the game by calling it Madden NFL 25. Starting this August, EA will be returning to the yearly number.

The next installment of Madden, due to hit stores on August 26, will be called Madden NFL 15, EA Sports announced on Monday. This year's version of the game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

EA said in a press release that this year's game will feature "the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history." EA also boasted of an improved broadcast presentation and coined this year's marketing campaign: "Madden Season."

Pushing their improved defensive gameplay, EA's first commercial for the game features Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly "transforming" into a Madden player.


This year's cover athlete will again be voted on by the fans, ESPN announced in a tweet Monday.

Last year's cover vote included current Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller (who was eliminated in Round 2) and former Bronco running back Terrell Davis (who was eliminated in Round 1). More details on the Madden 15 cover vote will be announced on ESPN and NFL Network during the NFL Draft on Thursday, May 8.

Update: EA announced on Monday evening that cover voting will begin on the first night of the NFL draft (May 8).

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Broncos' DeMarcus Ware posts workout videos on Instagram (NSFQBs)


New Denver Broncos defensive end DeMarcus Ware took to Instagram on Thursday afternoon to post a series of videos of him working out in the gym. Be advised that the videos are NSFQBs—Not Safe For QBs.

The 6'-4", 258-pound pass-rusher is lean and mean with impressive hops.


At the 2005 NFL combine, Ware benched pressed 225 pounds 27 times and "maxed out" at 430 pounds.


Ware has recorded 117 sacks in his NFL career, which ranks fourth among active NFL players (he trails John Abraham's 133.5, Jared Allen's 128.5, and Julius Peppers's 119.0 sacks on the all-time list, ranking eighteenth overall).

Ware is expected to rush across from Von Miller in Denver this fall.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Did Peyton and Eli Manning quietly leave Reebok for Under Armour?

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has endorsed Reebok since 2002. (Reebok file photo)
Story Update: Forbes contributor Darren Heitner has confirmed on Twitter that Peyton has left Reebok. There has been no official word on if Manning has officially signed with Under Armour yet or just prefers their apparel for offseason training.

One of the biggest NFL signings of the offseason may have flown completely under the radar.

It appears that athletic apparel provider Under Armour may have lured the Manning brothers—Peyton and Eli—away from their endorsement deals with Reebok. When Nike took over as the official apparel provider of the NFL in 2012, Reebok responded by re-upping deals with Peyton and Eli. Those contracts may have just expired.

Peyton has endorsed Reebok since 2002 and Eli has been with the company since 2004—the two quarterbacks have been staples in the company's marketing campaign over the last decade.

(@Caldwell17 on Instagram)
That may all be about to change.

The Manning brothers are currently working out with some of their top receivers and tight ends at Duke University and photos have emerged from the workouts of both QBs wearing Under Armour equipment. On Tuesday, new Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders tweeted a photo that showed Manning wearing a white Under Armour t-shirt; fellow receiver Andre Caldwell posted a picture on Instagram on Wednesday that showed both brothers donning Under Armour gear.

The Manning brothers are shrewd businessmen and though no official agreement with Under Armour has been announced, it appears that an endorsement switch has taken place.

Emails sent to Under Armour and Reebok regarding the buzz did not receiver immediate responses.

The elder Manning earns around $20 million per season with the Broncos and rakes in an additional $12 million annually in off-field endorsement deals, according to Forbes.com. Among Peyton's endorsed companies are Buick, DirecTV, Gatorade, and Papa John's Pizza.

Landing the two super star quarterbacks would be a huge move for Under Armour, which already boasts of an impressive marketing campaign. It wouldn't be surprising if the company announced an endorsement deal with the Manning brothers this summer.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Broncos' John Fox signs new contract, can make AFC West history

The Denver Broncos announced on Saturday that head coach John Fox has signed a new, three-year contract with the team. The new deal will keep Fox in Denver through the 2016 season.

“We are pleased to reach this agreement with John Fox, who has played a key role in the success and improvement of the Broncos during the last three seasons," Broncos general manager John Elway said in a statement. "While our team has made progress each year under Coach Fox, we both understand that there is still work to be done for us to reach our ultimate goal."

According to reports, Fox's three-year deal is worth $16.5 million. It's not a lucrative deal—eight NFL coaches earn more than $6 million annually—but it shows that Denver is committed to Fox.

With Denver the favorite to win the AFC West again in 2014, Fox is on track to become the first coach in AFC West history since John Madden to win four consecutive division titles. The San Diego Chargers were the last team in the division to claim four straight titles (2006-2009), but that was under two different head coaches—Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner.

It's been thirty-eight years since Madden led the Oakland Raiders to five consecutive division titles from 1972-1976; no AFC West coach has won more than three-straight since then. Fox is primed to be the first, owning a 34-14 record with the Broncos, including a 26-6 mark over the last two seasons.

Denver is hoping the third time will be the charm for Fox, who has reached two Super Bowls—XXXIII with the Panthers in 2004 and XLVIII with the Broncos in 2014—in the last decade. Fox is just the sixth coach in NFL history to have led two different teams to a Super Bowl.

The Broncos last Super Bowl victory came in 1999 when then-quarterback Elway led the team to a 34-19 victory over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl XXXIII. Mike Shanahan was Denver's coach at the time.