|(Photo courtesy of @Bmackey34)|
The Denver Broncos kicked off training camp on Thursday with two practice sessions at the team's Dove Valley headquarters. Below, we've compiled some of the best quick hits from the day that was:
- For Thursday's morning session, all players except rookie defensive tackle Sylvester Williams were present. After Williams signed a four-year, $7.6 million deal with the team, he made his debut in the afternoon session.
- Offensive tackle Ryan Clady (shoulder) participated in individual drills and rookie defensive end Quanterus Smith fully participated while center J.D. Walton and guard Chris Kuper sat out (the two offensive linemen were placed on the team's PUP list).
- When addressing linebacker Von Miller's suspension, quarterback Peyton Manning was gracious, noting that the team "has Von's back." Manning added that the team "will support those that are going through some adversity."
- In the secondary, the first-team defense saw Rahim Moore, Mike Adams, David Bruton and Quentin Jammer rotate in-and-out at safety. Once fully recovered from his surgery, Quinton Carter also figures to see competition at the position.
- In his first player blog, Montee Ball says he calms himself down by reminding himself that "it's just football." Ball added that he felt he had a "good practice" and appreciated the fans in attendance.
This post is sponsored by TiqIQ. Find the best deals on Denver Broncos tickets at TiqIQ.com!
- The team's next practice will be held tomorrow morning at 10:25 a.m. MT.